One out of every three automobiles in the world are powered by Clarios. Recycling old batteries into new ones is an industry mandate and represents significant processing challenges.
- Wide variability in recycled material quality changes the portion of recycled resin that can be used.
- Long part flow-lengths require high pressure to mold.
- Molds have very fragile elements easily damaged by high pressure.
As a result: less than acceptable operating efficiency, high scrap, wear and tear, frequent mold breakdowns, and capital spend.
Clarios partnered with iMFLUX to install our adaptive low-constant-pressure processing with auto viscosity adjust and measure the differences against their conventional results.
|Lower Energy Use:||10% reduction|
|Recycled Resin Content:||Up to 90%|
|Operating Efficiency:||18% Increase|
|Wear & Tear:||Eliminated Mold Damage|
|Mold Tear Down:||From 1/6 days to 1/30 days|
- Clarios produced 4.4M more batteries and gave employees Christmas break.
- iMFLUX has been installed across the site with more sites planned.